Halloween Party Cut Short By Fire in Apple Valley?
Our teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are trusted leaders in fire damage restoration services. We want everyone to have a fun and fire-damage-free Halloween celebration, so offer these safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, make sure it is used following the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
For families still planning to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
Call Us Today!
Our local teams in Hesperia/Apple Valley and Barstow/Twentynine Palms are Here to Help ® when your Apple Valley home or business has fire damage. Call us today at 760-244-2566.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.