Recent General Posts
COVID 19 Safety
Preparing to Disinfect
Safety and common sense are two critical aspects at SERVPRO of Hesperia / Apple Valley / Barstow / Twentynine Palms. While washing your hands and not touching your face are very commonly repeated pieces of advice to avoid illness, SERVPRO technicians are held to a higher standard and practice numerous other safety measures including:
- Disinfecting and regular cleaning of all tools and equipment brought on to any job.
- Donning of PPE is required to enter any work site involving viral contamination or illness.
- Safety and precautionary training for all technicians.
- An understanding of the symptoms and effects of COVID-19 infection.
- Strict adherence to CDC guidelines.
It is our responsibility to not only our customers, but their family and friends, to take extreme precautionary measures while dealing with any type of pathogen or infectious disease.
Whether it is a water loss, fire damage, or a cleaning request, please know that SERVPRO of Hesperia / Apple Valley / Barstow / Twentynine Palms is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Non-gel toothpaste is no longer just for fresh breath and pearly whites. Most people are aware of the “off-label” uses of toothpaste, such as cleaning jewelry or repairing minor scratches on sunglass lenses. These things are made possible by the baking soda inside of the toothpaste. That's why so many dentists recommend brushing with baking soda - it's cheap, easily accessible at the store, and it's something most people probably already have in their homes.
Often times, you may find toothpaste in business restrooms. It’s possible that the employees / owners of the business may be on top of their oral hygiene game, but it’s just as likely that they are aware of the many uses of toothpaste. While SERVPRO of Hesperia / Apple Valley doesn’t use toothpaste on the job, we do have some cool tips we can offer you.
- Use it to clean your white shoes. Grab a damp sponge and scrub, or leave toothpaste on the affected area outside to dry for a few hours. Then, all you have to do is shake off the dried up, powdery toothpaste. BAM - good as new.
- Use an old toothbrush (obvious, I know, but better safe than sorry) and some toothpaste to scrub the tiled floors in your home or business.
- Use toothpaste to polish your jewelry.
- Use toothpaste to clean your phone screen. Don’t go overboard with it.
- For the musicians: toothpaste cleans piano keys.
- Use toothpaste on ceramic or glass coffee mugs.
Take a look at more uses - https://www.healthywomen.org/content/article/20-surprising-uses-toothpaste
The New Year is a popular time for people to make new goals and resolutions. Some people want to lose weight; other people want to quit smoking cigarettes or eating so much junk food. There is no shortage of good intentions but sadly, they don’t call them “Resolutioners” for no reason.
We here at SERVPRO of Hesperia / Apple Valley / Barstow / Twentynine Palms want to try something a little bit different this year, and we want to extend the invitation to you, too. This article will start by sharing some ideas and goals for you as a home or property owner, and conclude with us sharing our New Year’s Resolution. Don’t worry; we know we put on some holiday weight. These ideas and tips come straight from the minds of our trained and experienced team and serve to not only fix some crucial issues that we see at our customer’s homes and businesses, but prevent them as well.
- If you have considered replacing your roof, you should replace your roof.
Homes built more than 25 years ago are ready for a modern facelift. With age, crucial components of houses like windows, roofing, and attic insulation begin to break down. Old roofs are one of the most common causes for roof leaks and the subsequent possibility of mold growing behind drywall. Most modern roofs come equipped with a 50 year guarantee, and they boast the technology and ease of installation to support these claims.
- Being prepared is never a bad idea.
Water losses are by far our most common job type. They happen for a variety of reasons, and sometimes they are simply just unavoidable. Water pipes burst, sinks are left on, and toilets back up. You get the picture. Other types of losses are preventable, and prevention is always cheaper than repairing or replacing. Storms are unpredictable, but one thing is and always will be true: rain is wet and wet is bad for homes. Whether you tarp an old roof or make a sandbag barrier to stop water from making into places you don’t want it to go, better to have and need not then to be caught with your pants down with a big bill.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
In fact, we would recommend it! Not all home repairs are easily resolved, and sometimes they can be downright dangerous. Anything having to do with electrical components, mold, or septic are better left alone until a trained professional can get out to your house or business. It’s a fast way to make a bad situation much worse if someone is injured or falls ill.
Now that we have shared our ideas with you, here is our resolution for 2020 and all future year to come:
SERVPRO of Hesperia / Apple Valley / Barstow / Twentynine Palms is here to help 24/7, 365 days a year.
Our team of trained and experienced technicians has the knowledge and tools to handle any size problem that life throws at you. Rain or shine, day or night, SERVPRO will make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley and SERVPRO of Barstow/Twentynine Palms is a 24/7 emergency service company specializing in water damage dry down, fire damage clean-up, mold remediation, asbestos removal and reconstruction. We are currently searching for Administrative Assistant and Route Sales Person to add to our team of dedicated professionals.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a pleasant demeanor and have compassion for our customers during their property damage event.
- Dress appropriately in professional in attire.
- Hold a valid, California driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Be able to pass a background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Must have a High School Diploma or hold a GED Certification.
- Must be willing to spend time in the field learning our business and how we assist our customers who have had losses to their homes or businesses.
Interested applicants please e-mail your resume to rhonda@SERVPROchino.com
We Are Trained and Certified
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
The staff at SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley is trained and certified to handle all sorts of cleanup and restoration projects like water damage, fire damage, mold remediation and more.
Training and education is very important in the cleanup and restoration industry. At SERVPRO we ensure our staff is highly trained with our own employee certification training, franchise training, e-Learnings, continuing education classes and IICRC Training and Certification. Learn more about our training here.
IICRC Training and Certification is very important. SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley is an IICRC Certified Firm.
IICRC stands for The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. In the restoration industry IICRC determines the standards and provides training and certification to restoration companies. If your property is in need of restoration services it's important that you choose an IICRC certified firm. IICRC certified firms must meet many requirements:
- The firm must present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- A technician, who has been formally trained and passed all required tests, is required on all jobs.
- Technicians must participate in continuing education programs to keep up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- The firm must have liability insurance, to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- The firm must maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC standards are reviewed an updated every five years to keep up with the modern world. Advancements in science and technology mean that the water damage restoration field experiences changes rapidly.
When you experience water or fire damage on your property make sure you are choosing a restoration company that knows what they are doing and has a highly trained staff; also, make sure they are an IICRC Certified Firm.
SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley is an IICRC Certified Firm. Contact us at (760) 244-2566.
For Immediate Service in The High Desert, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley provides 24-hour emergency service. We are dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in the High Desert. Whether residential or commercial, whether it's flood damage or fire damage, our technicians can arrive promptly to assess the damage and begin the restoration process.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
It's distressing when damage comes to your home because that is where you are most comfortable. SERVPRO of Hesperia/Apple Valley has 24/7 emergency service so we can respond immediately. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training to ensure your home is quickly back to looking its best.
When it comes to damage to commercial property a quick response is imperative. Every hour spent cleaning up is potentially an hour of revenue and work lost. With 24/7 emergency service our technicians can get to work immediately to reduce any downtime for your commercial property.
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (760) 244-2566